Friday, September 23, 2016

Redi-Go : INTERIORS

INTERIORS:-

THE DASH BOARD:-
The dashboard of the Redi-Go looks very simple and looks decent. Sometimes it feels like an old car dashboard. There are few plus points too! The piano black finish around the music player and AC control unit looks more premium. The silver lining around the AC vents like in other Nissan cars makes it look better.There is a fixed AC vent in the center for the rear passengers, some might feel uncomfortable with it. But for me I use that vent for using phone holder which is convenient because the keeping the phone there doesn't affect the view of the road and also that vent wont break off. There are several storage spaces along the Dash but nothing is big enough for me either its perfect or small. The glove box doesn't have a light and its so tiny that I cant even place my vehicle  papers there! The IRVMs are giving an wide angle view which is good but there is no night mode! I am literally not able to use the IRVMs at night due to glare! The Car roof light is decent but you get only one light in the front. The sensor for that light to work is there only in the driver door, the light wont turn on if you open the other doors.There are no vanity mirrors in any variant. The quality of the AC unit is decent but not premium.I will talk about the music player next. You also get a headlamp height adjuster on the right below the steering. We can also find two cup holders in front of the gear knob which is of great use.

THE CABIN

LIGHT ADJUSTMENT KNOB
AC UNIT
CENTRAL FIXED AC VENT
IRVMs WITHOUT NIGHT MODE
STORAGE SPACE
NISSAN STYLE AC VENTS
12V SOCKET
NO VANITY MIRRORS
ROOF LIGHT
CUP HOLDERS
STEERING AND INSTRUMENT CLUSTER:-

The steering wheel is of perfect size for this car, i cant expect a much better steering wheel. It has three spokes and the lower spoke has a silver finish which makes it look premium. The best part of the steering is that the horn works on all the three spokes!!! which I love in this car. The datsun logo looks good on the steering. The bad part is, we have only two options while using wiper its either medium or fast, we don't have slow wiper and also the wiper wont start automatically when we use the washer! All the other controls are the same as in a normal Indian car. In the instrument cluster we get the same design from GO. Tachometer is unique in this car (In its segment of course). The display in the instrument cluster shows the following: odometer,trip meter, average mileage, instant mileage, distance to empty and fuel level. Its is more than enough in this price segment. The following are the warning indicators in the cluster :Airbag, Engine check,High beam, Hand brake, Power steering, low fuel Waring, engine heat and Battery check. I really miss the door open warning light because already two times my friends haven't closed the door properly and someday had to tell us.

3 SPOKE STEERING WHEEL
ENGINE CHECK AND AIRBAG LIGHT
OTHER WARNING LIGHTS

ODOMETER

AVERAGE MILEAGE(EVEN INSTANT AVAILABLE)

DISTANCE TO EMPTY
THE MUSIC PLAYER AND THE DOORS:-
The music player is not the best in the segment but does its job perfectly. Its only a single DIN player. There is not slot for a double DIN player which is down side of the car. But it has the basic features that everyone needs which is FM, AUX, CD player and USB. The player displays time when it is switched off. You don't get time display in the instrument cluster. But the player has features like L-R and F-R balance, Equalizer, bass and treble adjustment. Coming to the doors, you can notice that the doors are having very thin plastic parts.A tiny speaker is present on the front two doors. The sound quality is good for this price segment. The storage space in the front door is soo small that I am not able to use it for anything. There's also lots of exposed metal exposed on the door. The rear doors has more exposed parts compared to the front. In all the reviews I see that they call it CHEAP but personally I don't care about it. It's something I can live with. The paint quality is great so I feel like it's not so bad as others say. There are no storage spaces anywhere for the rear passengers which is really bad for some people(I use it to go college so 99% of the time the rear seats are not used). There are power windows for the front doors only and the switch for the power windows are at the center in front of the fear knob. It might be uncomfortable at the beginning but you will get used to it in a few days. The window glass are very thin which gives a impression that it's weak. One of things that I don't like in the car is the exposed part in the door near the ORVMs, you can see it in the pictures. The door doesn't close properly at all most of the time, we have to close it hardly like in old cars to close correctly. The lock look knob looks and feels soo CHEAP but for this price tag I can live with it. There's no central locking even in the S variant which is the most annoying thing about the car. There's no key hole on the passenger side also! Which was available like 12 years back in my dad's Maruti 800.  That's all about the music players and the doors.

MUSIC PLAYER
MUSIC PLAYER SHOWING TIME

EQUALIZER
PLAYER REMOTE
SMALL SPEAKERS

CHEAP LOCK KNOB AND NO CENTRAL LOCKING


BACK DOOR(NO POCKETS)

SMALL STORAGE SPACE

EXPOSED METAL SHEETS

POWER WINDOWS
SEATS AND BOOT SPACE:-
 The seats of this car is a big plus point, the seats are comfortable and has a lumbar support which is perfect and causes no back pain!(I drive like 80km per day). Thigh support is also good. The seats are thin which helps in increasing the knee room for rear passengers. The back seats are bench type and three people can sit for city rides but highway ride will be uncomfortable with three people in the back row. I am using the car without seat covers (the showroom price for leather type seat cover is 8k!) It's okay for me because I am the only person going to use the car most of the time. The rear seats can be folded for increasing the boot space . One of the worst part of the car is the freely hanging non retractable seat belts. I have put those belts behind the rear seat as I don't use it much. The seats are soft and comfortable. On opening the tailgate we have can see a good boot space even though not as much as the kwid but a really good boot space. The boot space is soo deep and its hard to keep or take luggage from them, you can see for yourself in the pictures below.

FOLDABLE REAR SEATS

DEPTH OF THE BOOT SPACE


BOOT SPACE

UGLY SEATBELTS

GOOD RIDING POSITION(I AM 6FT TALL)
 CONCLUSION:-
The Redi-Go interiors are nothing special its just value for money package. The plus point here is the seats and rider position, i feel no tiredness at all! Most comfortable car in this segment! For daily users like me, you must consider this! Please comment to give feedback as this is my first blog! And also follow me :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment