Tuesday, January 8, 2019

DATSUN REDI GO LONG TERM OWNERSHIP REVIEW

REVIEW AFTER TWO YEARS OF OWNERSHIP (38,000km review)

This is not the best car i have had so far. hence i start with a negative thoughts about the Car. There are many minor areas that need improvements. But most of the problems have been solved in newer editions of the car. There are both good and bad things about the car. I will start with the things that I didn't like in my car.

THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL BAD FOR BUYING THIS CAR 

1.BRAKES:-
The brakes of this car are good but you don't get the sufficient feedback for an effective and confident braking. Whenever I drive my other cars at home, I always brake harder than required. I feel like two things are causing this problem. One is the vacuum in brake lines is not enough because of under powered engine and the Other is the tyres I got with the car, they do a great job in Indian roads (less punctures and good mileage) . The tyres have a very long life, I feel like my tyres can last another 30k kms but the grip of the tyres are very bad, too many incidents of skidding.

2.NO CENTRAL OR REMOTE LOCKING:-
Even though the newer models have central remote locking, I feel like driving a car of last generation and everyone gives a weird look when they find out. I tried remote locking systems from outside, It had many complications and always tried to lock with keys inside and run out of remote battery often.

3.FRONT MUD GUARDS:-
The part that always breaks no matter how carefully I drive. I have given up and i have stopped changing my mudguards. The problem is that it is made up of hard plastic and is directly behind the wheel. It is a bit big too. I hope they can change that.

4.SERVICE AND SPARES COSTS:-
I also have an toyota etios at home and I feel like i am paying the double for both spares and service in Nissan. The service response is also not proper if any issue is brought up. They are happy to do only general service.

5.CHANGING SPARE TYRE:-
 The jockey provided with the car is fine but the fitting the Tyre without help is nearly impossible. The wheel doesn't have a socket where i can keep and put the first screw. I need another person to hold the Tyre for me. I have changed tyre for Sx4 several times, it was lot easier.

6. REAR VIEW MIRROR WITHOUT ANTIGLARE
I am not using my IRVM at night because it sucks!

7.  LIGHT WEIGHT AND I HAVE WRITTEN OTHER PROBLEMS IN MY OLD POST- VERDICT

THINGS I ENJOYED IN BUYING THE REDI GO

1. GOOD DRIVING POSTURE

2. GOOD GROUND CLEARANCE

3.NO ENGINE RELATED PROBLEMS SO FAR

4. CLUTCH IS STILL GOOD IN SPITE OF HEAVY CITY USE

5. COMFORTABLE SEATS AND OTHER PROS IN MY OLD POST - VERDICT.

No comments:

Post a Comment